Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rollyo

Had not heard of this previously, so very good to know about, sadly after deep thought there are not many webpages that I search regularly and would need to use such a feature, but sure will come up someday. My first attempt did not seem to work right, was trying to use a variety of library catalogs -- the one time I do really need to search a bunch of pages at one time looking for a particular thing or things. Saw that some of the other engines did do this, so I probably just need to rebuild it or something. Will go back to that someday. Very, very easy.

But after saying that I seem to have broken my blog ...

Later that evening ... if I remove my search engine from the blog the error message goes away ... let me try putting it here ...




Hummm ... no error message now ... will need to investigate the customizing blog further and at another time ...

Since not all that self-evident, this engine it to search the archives of Genealib and The Archives List ... originally also had H-Net, but too many hits ... searched all H-Net lists, not just the one I wanted.

No comments: