Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Too much noise!

I find many of the communication features\opportunities\whatever of many of the "Web2.0" things -- such as YouTube -- very annoying, which, as I understand it, is at the heart of the whole 2.0 phenomena. It is like the Mel Gibson movie "What Women Want" where he gets electrocuted and he hears everything every female thinks. I don't want to "hear" what everyone thinks about everything, truthfully most of us don't have that many memorable or insightful things to communicate and certainly not to the whole world. It is as if we walked up to a library book and suddenly heard everything that everyone who every touched that book thought of it -- what a great writer, I hate green covers, that last book was better, why didn't they publish this last year, I hate short stories, I should have gone to Borders, etc. Too much noise!!!!!!!!! Too much stuff in the way of the information!!!! Too many comments in the way of the document, the photo, the video!!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I agree! What is this about beets?