Friday, August 10, 2007

Week One and Two

Well ... not really ... I am all for life-long learning and I am all for technology, but if I hear to have fun and play one more time I will hurt somebody ... I find it insulting ... we are not grown-ups, we are not professionals, the only way we can learn something is by being entertained. I just can't imagine lawyers, doctors, and many other professions going in to a learning expericne with the have fun and play command beating them on the head. Well the act of doing it my be fun enough. Have fun ... there are other reasons to do things. Reminds me of many a Microsoft Product ... it is not enough that our software programs do a job, we can't write a letter without Mr. Paperclip jumping up to help. I just don't think it bodes well for our society. Anyhow, enough of that, though I really did contain myself ... I would say that of the 7 life-long learner habits (I ignore the 1/2 since it was the fun one) that one that I have the most trouble with is the end in mind -- not being generally goal oriented (could that be why I am now on weeks one\two???) :). But, think I am pretty good on the others. :) mkm

No comments: